Page TitlePage Title Summary Line
Croyde Bay and the Surrounding Area
As with all P.U.M.A. Camps there is more to the week than just training. P.U.M.A. Camps are very welcoming and inclusive and you will also get plenty of time to socialise, make new friends and enjoy some down time doing whatever you fancy.
Croyde is a small village on the stunning North Devon coast but offers everything that you need for a great holiday. The village itself is has plenty of places to eat and drink including the ever popular Thatch Inn, Billy Budds and the Blue Groove to name but a few. There are also plenty of places to get a well earned ice-cream, pasty or cream tea to refuel after training (very nice if a little addictive).
The many local beaches are regularly voted amongst the very best in the country (or better). Putsborough Beach, where morning training sessions generally take place, has been voted the best beach in Britain, 4th best in Europe and 13th best in the World! With beaches like this, why would you want to go anywhere else?
When we are not training there is plenty to keep children and adults alike entertained including
- Ice creams, pasties, fudge, cream teas
- Family friendly pubs and restaurants
- Stonebaked pizza stall
- Tea rooms
- Surf shop
- BMX/skate park
- Weekly craft market
- Weekly deckchair cinema
- Coastal paths with beautiful views
- Surfing / beach volleyball
- Beach time of course!
- Adventure playgrounds
- Plenty of local pubs – Billy Buds and The Thatch are favourites!
- Cascades fun pool at Ruda holiday park
- Visit Woolacombe and Ilfracombe costal towms
- National Trust – Arlington Court (Barnstaple), Baggy Point (Croyde) and a Sandleigh Tearoom (Croyde)
- Pampering at the 4 star Saunton Sands Hotel
There really is plenty to do in Croyde and the surrounding areas!
Ask a Question